Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Semi-Aspiration

It recently dawned on me that I have a small desire to be a writer. I don't have any ideas for a book by any means, but to be able to create a story and deliver it with style and fluidity seems like the type of thing I would love to do. I love writing (random writing, not essays) and I personally feel that I'm pretty good at it. I don't really know if I am or not, but if I had to judge the quality of my posts so far I'd give my self at least a B+, perhaps even an A. The only problem is the story. I need to make up some kind of story that would be interesting and exciting and complex and fully thought out. How should I do this? What does it take? I may start by reading Stephen King's On Writing... I need to learn the writing process of a novelist. Do ideas just come to him? Her? How do ideas form? I don't know. No one is going to read this anyway, but if I want my farfetched aspirations to go anywhere I guess I need to practice writing. Maybe I should practice by writing descriptions and dialogs of my day to build my descriptive and dialog skills. Yes, that's what I'll do. From now on World, you will be the audience of my days here in Conway. I hope you enjoy your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget